TALK ABOUT WINE…WITH CONFIDENCE WITH OUR WSET COURSES
The Wee Vinoteca runs WSET Courses at our Hitchin wine bar and at our Cambridge wine shop.
WSET is the gold standard in wine education. Offering world class training and certification for professionals and enthusiasts. The Wee Vinoteca is one of select few course providers in Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire and also boast a 100% pass rate.
If the current course dates don’t work for you, register below and we will email you when a new course becomes available
Level 1 CourseBrowse Level 1 Courses
A beginner level course ideal for those starting a wine career or with an interest in wine. This qualification provides a hands-on introduction to the world of wine and offers a great balance between learning and fun. You’ll explore the main types and styles of wine through sight, smell, and taste, while also gaining the basic skills to describe wines accurately and make food and wine pairings. Upon successful completion, you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin. This course involves a 30 question, multiple choice exam.
You will learn:
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to store and serve wine
- The principles of food and wine pairing
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
Level 2 CourseBrowse Level 2 Courses
WSET Level 2 is a beginner to intermediate qualification for hospitality professionals or wine enthusiasts. It explores the major grape varieties and important wine regions in which they are grown. Learn about the styles of wines produced from these grapes as well as key classifications and labelling terminology. A basic overview of the key categories of spirits will also be provided. Students will taste 45+ different wines at a variety of price ranges and cover the following topics:
- How wine is made
- What factors influence wine style
- The key white and black grape varieties and their characteristics
- The important wine-producing regions of the world in which these grapes are grown
- The production of sparkling, sweet, and fortified wines
- Label terminology
- Food and wine pairing principles
- The principal categories of spirits and liqueurs, and how they are made
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
The course will finish with a 50 question multiple choice exam.
Want to know about new courses?
If our current dates don't work for you, please fill out the form below and we will let you know when a new course becomes available.